Tips to keep Covid19 away
With open-plan offices being commonplace in London, we thought it best to create the perfect checklist of tips to keep Covid19 away from your offices in between the times your office cleaners are present.
The things we used to take for granted have become a far higher risk due to the recent pandemic. So suddenly, everything like using a printer, or hotdesking has become a far scarier activity.
Office cleaning – Working hours
Making cleaning products accessible to your staff throughout the day is of paramount importance. Here is what we recommend you have to help your staff stay safe, clean and protected while they go about their daily activities.
- Hand Sanitiser should be left at all shared points.
- Avoid hotdesking if you can. If not, make antiviral disinfectant spray freely available to all staff and ensure that they are using it before and after they start work.
- Desks can be rife with bacteria, so making sure these are constantly cleaned is essential – Desks can have up to 400 times more bacteria than a toilet seat.
- Keyboard cleaning is a must. We are constantly breathing on our keyboards and the slightest sneeze or cough can be enough to contaminate what is normally right below our mouths. We also tend to cough or sneeze into our hands.
- Disinfect your telephones or headsets constantly.
If you can promote a clean environment, your staff will feel more comfortable, will take responsibility for themselves and their desks providing you grant them the means to do so.
Office cleaning – After hours
Once all the staff have left for the day you should take extra care by cleaning the following areas.
- Desks – Yes they may have already been cleaned but your staff may want to get home and may miss parts, so giving them a second deeper clean will help.
- Phones and headsets.
- Any other stationery that is used by more than one member of staff.
- Chair handles and backs.
- Door handles.
- Staff rooms or social areas.
Always remember that viruses and bacteria can stay on a surface for long periods. So being on top of all your surface disinfection can make a huge difference to the safety of all those who use the zones.
Using these guidelines will ensure that you are providing the best cleanliness and safety measures you can for all your staff. And if you have a viral outbreak you can always call in professionals like us to make sure every surface is covered.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Disinfectant spray (anti-bacterial spray will not work on a virus).
- Sanitising Wipes for phones and keyboards.
- Disposable gloves.
- Disposable cloths.