Portable Appliance Testing
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is an electrical safety test that should be carried out on all portable electrical equipment within the workplace.
Total Clean can provide a free initial survey and quotation and will carry out all testing with a minimum of disruption to your staff and business.
As part of our service, we will provide you with a comprehensive list of test results compliant with HSE (Health and Safety Executive) requirements and will schedule testing on an annual basis if required.
Why do appliances need to be tested regularly?
- To comply with the Electricity at Work Regulations
- To comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- To minimise the risk of fire and injury caused by faulty electrical appliances
- To satisfy your insurance company’s requirements
- To comply with all HSE requirements and ISO standards
- To comply with Quality Assurances
Not sure what qualifies for testing?
- Portable equipment: appliances fitted with a plug and flexible power cord that can be easily moved
- Transportable equipment: appliances fitted with a plug and flexible power lead that can be relocated and plugged into a new position
- Handheld equipment: electrical power tools and extension leads either of 110V or 240V power supply.
Electricity at Work Regulations
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 place a legal responsibility on all employers, employees and self-employed persons to comply with the provisions of the regulations and take reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that no danger results from the use of such equipment.
What clients are saying
Read what our wonderful clients have had to say
"Very happy with Total Clean - they provided us with a fogging service which was carried out very efficiently. The whole Total Clean Team were very polite & easy to deal with."
Sujita PatelSunflower Healthcare
"I am happy to report that we are very happy with the service provided, the standard of cleaning is very high and we have never had reason to complain about the high standard of service that we receive."
Levi SpringerEast Lancashire Medical Services
"I just wanted to send you a quick email to say that we are very impressed with the standard of cleaning that we are receiving."