Fed up with not being able to find anything on your desk, frustrated at having to search through the clutter to find that important file. Here are some spring cleaning tips to make clutter a thing of the past and help you to organise your office desk.
- Organise your workspace and separate them into zones and ask yourself these questions, ‘What do I want from my office space, and is it meeting my needs’. Here are some ideas when setting up your zones, a dedicated workspace for your computer, a library area for research, storage areas for supplies and a filing area for archiving. This will provide a solid foundation for you to make efficient use of available space.
- Keep only what you need. Boxes of pens, old coffee cups, general clutter needs to go. Your monitor, keyboard, mouse, notebook and pen should be your priority items and kept in your most used workspace. Other less important items can be stored in their appropriate work zones.
- Create a daily paper system and file them in labelled folders to prevent the build up of of a mountain of paperwork. Prioritising your filing will allow you to keep on top of things and allow you time to deal with matters that requires your attention first.
- Have a catch-all drawer to hold things that can’t be filed straight away. However sort through the drawer on a regular basis to avoid overflow and file items to their designated areas.
- If you use your email address and computer as a to-do list make sure you keep your inbox and files organised because electronic clutter can become just as stressful as having physical clutter.
- Make sure there is an area away from the desk to hang coats and other forms of outer garments. This will help prevent accidents such as tripping over bags etc.
- Have some wipes to hand to give desk items a frequent wipe over.The office cleaning contractors armed with their commercial vacuum cleaners will be cleaning the office on a daily basis in the evenings however regular wiping through the day will help keep work areas smelling fresh and clean. According to a recent survey three-quarters of workers says a clean office makes them more productive.
Although finding the time to organise your office workspace could be an issue, use the time you do have efficiently. Once you have a system stick to it and it will save you time in the long run.
Have you ever experienced a time when you have been stuck for an answer, often you may well say, well don’t panic, Google will come to the rescue. Type your question in the search bar, this could be for example “dry cleaners near me” or “office cleaning services near me”. If it is the latter services you require then save yourself a Google Search and Contact Total Clean today for a complete professional cleaning service.