Clean hands in the office contributes to a healthy working environment, but do all office workers wash their hands correctly?
Here are some stats on who does actually wash their hands.
• 4 in 5 people have seen someone leave a public bathroom without washing their hands.
• 1 in 4 women don’t wash their hands versus 2 in 5 men
• Of those that do wash their hands, 95% don’t wash them properly
• More than 3 in 5 people only rinse their hands, and do not use soap or water.
Commercial Cleaning Contractors keep offices clean and sanitised on a daily basis however the correct practice of hand hygiene will dramatically reduce the risk of passing on harmful viral bacteria.
The following 5 steps will ensure that you have correctly washed your hands.
1. Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
2. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
3. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum Happy Birthday from beginning to end twice.
4. Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
5. Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Total Clean Maidenhead are experienced Commercial Contract Cleaners serving Maidenhead, Slough, Windsor, Bracknell, High Wycombe and surrounding areas. Call 01628 925 924 today or fill out our contact form and one of our team will be in touch to discuss your office cleaning requirements.