That’s right, its due time that the fingerprints and dead gnats are removed from the computer screen but don’t just wipe it with any cleaner you have under the sink. Monitors are delicate equipment and must be cleaned accordingly. Never spray directly on the screen–the liquid could seep under the edges of the monitor bezel and damage the circuitry within. Instead, lightly spray some suitable cleaner on a folded piece of soft cloth or a soft paper towel, then use that to wipe the glass.
Another option is lint-free wipes, which promise nonabrasive cleaning. Whichever method you use, your monitor should be turned off (better to see the dust and smudges you’re trying to remove), and you shouldn’t turn it on again until the screen is dry.
For LCD screens, steer clear of ammonia-based cleaners. Instead, use a soft lint free cloth dampened with plain water. Just make sure the cloth isn’t too wet, otherwise droplets could seep under the bezel and cause damage.
Monitors should never be opened. Never take the cover off any type of monitor, even if it needs cleaning. Why? Well, your PC’s monitor is one of the two components of your system that carry enough voltage to seriously hurt you (the other being your PC’s power supply). If your monitor needs to be serviced or cleaned on the inside, take it to your local computer shop.
(note CRT monitors are the monitor types that have some very dangerous voltages inside them LCD monitors don’t have the high voltage circuits that CRT’s do)