- Permanent marker on your favourite top or shirt...The solution, a squirt of hairspray, with a wipe of a cloth and the stain has gone.
- Getting rid of those annoying window smears. After cleaning your windows wipe them with a scrunched newspaper and all smears should disappear.
- Not keen on the shiny effect on your suit trousers?...Then wipe a damp tea bag over the seat of your trousers. Preferably wihout wearing them, otherwise you might get a few strange looks!
- Remove sticky label residue effectively, by sprinkling a little talcum powder on the sticky area and rub it with a dry cloth.
- Now here's a good one! Ever heard of polishing your shoes with fruit? You have now. Apparently a cost effective way of shining your shoes is to use a banana, yes really. Use the soft, inner skin to polish leather shoes. Wipe it softly over, then buff.
- And finally...Removing water stains from polished wood not as convenient as the other tips but effective! Smear olive oil or vegetable oil over the stain and then, using a generous amount of cigarette ash, rub to a paste with oil. Leave over night if the stain is old, otherwise wipe clean with polish!
- When you receive any mail or important documents, make sure you file them appropriately as soon as you get them. So that you remain organised and they are accessible, for when you need them.
- Ensure to prioritise your documents as you receive them, this will help you not to feel too overwhelmed and help you get things done faster.
- Organise your desk in a way that all your resources are within reaching distance (if this is possible), for example stationary and filing cabinet. Ideally your desk chair should have wheels so you can move around quickly and easily.
- Always ensure you give your desk a wipe down and clean of any rubbish, as this will maintain professionalism if any clients are expected and help you feel more relaxed and focused.
Office Cleaning Tip # 1 - Sort Your PapersComputers were supposed to reduce the amount of paper we use and create a clutter-free work environment! so how come My waste paperbins are over-flowing. Often when you decide have to do something about the mess, you wind up moving papers from one pile to the other. It may look a little neater after you're done, but the problem is not solved. The solution is ORGANIZATION! To get started, grab another piece of paper .... and write down five broad categories of subjects you usually address in your office. Try to limit the list to five topics. Perhaps you will start with "Personal," then "Finances," then "Medical," etc. Begin sorting through your papers and placing similar subjects in one pile, following your list.. Buy a box of manila folders, label according to subject, then place the papers in the appropriate file, according to your categories.
Office Cleaning Tip # 2 - Set Aside TimeIt’s a good idea to set aside a specific time each day/week/month to handle the housekeeping and tidying that every office needs.
Office Cleaning Tip # 3 - Delete The JunkIt may take some time to go through those precious papers but, as you do, it will be easier for you to see how much is duplication, unnecessary, out-of-date, and just plain trash. Throw out the stuff you no longer need. If there's personal information, financial or other, on some of those sheets you are discarding, be sure to shed them! If you don't have a shredder, buy one.
Office Cleaning Tip # 4 - Assign PriorityYou may have five or six piles of papers now. Some of these you will want to access frequently, some not as much. Decide which are your priorities and put the categories that you use most often closer to you. Use file caddies to keep the files upright on your desk rather than laying the folders flat. It's easier to see the file labels when they are upright. File Your Documents There are many options available for storing your important data. Browse through an office supply store; visualize the various filing systems as if you had them in your office. If you opt for fie cabinets, consider using color coded folders. Coding helps reduce the chance that papers will be filed in the wrong place (i.e. - green: financial records; blue: medical records, etc.). Storage systems come in many sizes, shapes and composition. Old standbys are the metal filing cabinets with Manila folders but the cabinets now come in modern colors and finishes with smooth glide drawers. There are also attractive plastic stacking boxes, a variety of desk and drawer organizers, and the old standby, corrugated bank storage boxes.
Office Cleaning Tip # 5 Hire a Cleaning ServiceSometimes we just get too busy doing the important stuff to worry about being neat! It doesn't take long for the clutter to stack up and all of a sudden, it's out of control. This is the time for you to consider hiring a cleaning service. You can request a one-time visit to help you get organized and give the office a good dusting and vacuuming, or you can ask for ongoing, routine cleaning to help keep your office organized and clean. Contact Total Clean services for more office cleaning information
10 facts about Office Cleaning London – Making the right decisionRead the rest >>
Paying a third party like total cleaning services to provide cleaning services can save much time and money.
For the small business, employing contract cleaners is probably the easiest and most hassle-free way of getting the job done.
Using in-house cleaners, ones you employ yourself, may be preferable but is more difficult to control from a financial viewpoint. Putting out work for tendering, the process of asking people to make offers to do that work, will also help you to get value for money. Read the rest >>