Is your office desk always messy? frustrated at having to search through the clutter to find important documents. Follow these spring cleaning tips to improve your organisational skills and make clutter a thing of the past.
- Organise your workspace into zones and ask yourself these questions, ‘What do I want from my office space, and is it meeting my needs’. Set up zones, workspace for your computer, a library area for research, storage areas for supplies and a filing area for archiving. This will provide a solid foundation for efficient use of space.
- If you use your email address as a to do list make sure you keep your inbox and files organised because these can become just as stressful as having physical clutter.
- Keep only what you need at arms length. Boxes of pens, old coffee cups, general clutter needs to go. Your monitor, keyboard, mouse, notebook and pen should be kept in your most used workspace. Other non important items can be put in their appropriate work zones.
- Create a daily paper system and file them in specific labelled folders to prevent you being inundated under a mountain of paperwork. Prioritising your filing will allow you to keep on top of things and allow you time to deal with matters that requires your attention first.
- Have a catch all drawer to hold things that can’t be filed straight away. However sort through the drawer on a regular basis to avoid build up and file the items to their designated areas.
- Make sure there is an area away from the desk to hang coats and other items of outer garments. This will also reduce accidents such as tripping over bags etc.
- Have some wipes to hand to give desk items a wipe over frequently.The office cleaning armed with their commercial vacuum cleaners will be the office in the evenings, however regular wiping through the day will keep work areas smelling fresh and clean. According to a recent survey of workers says a clean office makes them more productive.
Finding time to organise your office workspace could be an issue, use the time you do have efficiently. Once you have a system you need to stick to it to save you time in the long run.
Imagine a time when you have been stuck for an answer, is this a regular occurrence?, don’t panic, Google to the rescue. Type your question in the search bar, for example, “dry cleaners near me” or “office cleaning services near me” are two examples that could be used in the quest for your answer.
If it is the latter answer you require then save yourself a Google Search and Contact Total Clean today for the complete professional contract cleaning service.